Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Flowers & Chocolate

Met up with ST san after a long time due to the pandemic. Our first time meeting in 2 years. The pandemic really separates people.


We went for Malaysian food in Chinatown.


Since we are already there, we went to explore the nearby English Gardens.



On the way there, we reached an observatory with this view of the Gundam Factory.


The garden was pretty busy when we got there as it was after lunch time.


But it is still possible to take some nice pictures with only the flowers in the background. ;)


After that, we took a long stroll to Hammerhead for desserts at the Vanilla Beans Cafe. ST san was the one who introduced me to this cafe many 6 years ago.


J and I ordered a chocolate cake and the chocolate journey, whereby you got to try a piece of chocolate that is made from beans of different regions with different intensity of cacao. I like the tasting sheet so much that I brought it home with me!


I like that you get to taste the different types of chocolate. It is really good for identifying the kind of chocolate that you like or don't like.


Meanwhile, ST san had the big chocolate partfait that J and I had tried before. As it is really big, I would not dare to challenge having this all by myself.


After identifying the chocolate that you like, you can buy it from their shop right next to the cafe!


After dessert, we walked around a bit and spotted this caramel shop called Caramel Labo,


When we were there, they were having this caramel tasting plate for only 110 JPY. It was too good to pass on so all 3 of us ordered 1.



The caramel was nice and I liked that they served it with a cup of hot tea to help dilute the sweetness in the mouth.


After that, we continued walking to Yokohama Station. J and I decided to grab chicken rice and laksa there for dinner as it was already late.


We also ordered this tsukesoba, which was surprisingly very yummy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment