Sunday, August 7, 2022

Garden Lounge, Hotel New Otani - Super Sweets Buffet

Having watched several videos on this dessert buffet on youtube and on instagram, I had really wanted to come and try it for myself.



We came to the Garden Lounge of Hotel New Otani for their expensive super sweets buffet (スーパースイーツビュッフェ), which costs 7,700 JPY/ pax, as a form of celebration.


This hotel has a cafe called Patisserie SATSUKI (パティスリー SATSUKI), which specializes in fruit short cake. And at this buffet, you get to try the mini versions of it.


While it is a desserts buffet, you do get savoury items, such as various finger sandwiches, pasta, curry, etc.


Look at the amount of food on our table!


Super happy to finally be here!
I like that not only their cakes are yummy, but the savoury dishes are all very good too. Here I have the eggs benedict, burger, beef stew and a cheesy baked dish.


While I wanted to eat more of their hot savoury dishes, I held back because I wanted to eat more of the Pierre Herme collaboration dessert, which is this rectangular cake here. This is really good, I especially like the biscuit base! Maybe because I prefer cakes with a biscuit base, I liked this more than the short cakes.



As much as I tried to stay away from rice or pasta, I couldn't help it but ordered this curry rice. As you can see, there are both red and green curry here. I saw online that you can ask them to put 2 curries on the same plate and I did that. I also knew from reviews that the curry is very delicious. Hence, I went to order a plate too and true to the reviews that I saw, the curries were very delicious!


After the super sweets buffet, we were both super full and needed to walk around to burn some of the calories from the sugar.


We walked around the garden in the hotel and found some really nice hydrangeas.


There was nice little Japanese garden like area and the new green colour of the new leaves makes the area a nice photo spot.


Here is a view of the fancy hotel in the background.


As we explored around the hotel, we found a place that is probably for holding weddings too.


The lighting there was really nice for photos.


This buffet was really expensive, but I am glad that I came because after watching all the videos about it online, I kept thinking about it. Now that I have been here, it is like one of those "been there/ done that" kinda moment. So now, I do not have to keep wondering about how the food is like in my head as I already know. And I most likely would not return because it is very expensive.

As I get older, I cannot eat as much. So buffets are really not worth the money for me. I tried to compare the amount of food that I ate to the amount of food that a youtuber that I watched ate when she visited. I did not even eat half the amount that she ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment