Thursday, November 20, 2008

20.11.08

Omedetou to self~~~


I BURNED MY OWN 2 HANDS TODAY!!!!
AND BOY, WAS IT HOT!!!


Ok, don't mind me!

I SERIOUSLY BURNED MY OWN HANDS!!! AHHH~~~ AND IT WAS HOT AND PAINFUL!!!

Was busy working in the laminar flow with SL, to prepare our subcultures for the antibiotic tests tomorrow. And suddenly the ethanol sprayed tissue that I was holding with my right caught fire, but I had no clue it was on fire because the flame was blue( from the bunsen) and you don't see blue flames very well in a laminar air flow!

Also because I had sprayed my gloves with ethanol, the fire spreaded to my gloves instantly....but I still had ZERO/ NO clue! All I know was that the back of my right hand was feeling really warm.....as in HOT!!!

At that moment I was holding both a tissue and the cover of my petri dish......

Thus, flaming right hand + tissue + petri dish cover, brought close to left hand which was holding the petri dish! *SWHOSH* Both hands burning hot!!!!

Everything like occured in seconds, from the tissue cathing fire, spreading to my gloves and me immediately throwing the tissue and gloves away.

Quickly ran to wash my hands under the tap and *ouch* it hurts, once cold water splashes on the skin!

.....and the tissue was still happily burning away on the floor......Thanks to SL, who cleaned up after my mess!

And the lab officer had to be in the lab at that moment to see it!!! AAHHH~~~

Sooo...scary ah! The old me is already very afraid of bunsen burners. I always jump from my seat when someone next to me set their new burners on fire and when the fire goes *WHOSH* (Tall and huge burning red flame) Plus I don't know how to use a lighter!!!!

The new me is now....even more afraid of burners!!!

Have I ever mentioned that I had my own special lighter??? haaha....like the ones cigar smokers use??? Those without the black rolling wheel????? It's easier to operate....I just press, and green flames start coming out. haaha... Nice lighter! just that it's very heavy.

Stupid! I never knew it would be sooo hot when ethanol on your gloves caught fire!

I once laughed at SL because there's this once when her gloves caught fire and she started flapping her gloves away. I think I made a much bigger commotion because I was trying to pull the gloves out but I had to pull several times because it was hot! And I threw them onto the floor!

Eee....so scary, several of us had already experienced it~


~~~~~~~~~~
Yea, back to lab work! I'm so happy that I can finally take a few days off from the microscope after I've been using it non-stop, day after day, from morning till evening for the past 3 weeks! I'm glad that my babies are growing well! I hope my new cultures and test organisms grow well for tomorrow's antibiotic tests!

Thanks to all the stress from this FYP, people have been calling their bacteria samples all sort of names.

Like me, I call them my babies.....so productive man~ I initially had 100+ babies!!!

Then some like SL, like to treat them like dogs, by telling ppl that she'll get her bacillus to bite them!

And there's also those who call them their "zai-zai"!(aka son)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week, PM and the girls bought Oreo Cheese cake from Secret Recipe to celebrate my....belated bday. Yes it was very nice of them since my birthday was already over! Not my bday but I still got a bday cake! haaha.....yay~

Thanks-thanks to all the leng luis from my class!

I seriously think we're turning the dance studio to a Bday celebration place! We've like......celebrated 4 Bdays there in 2 months???

Yes, and I'm sure there's more to come!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watched Astro battleground and saw J & T's group.........danger man! I thought they were gonna be kicked out! But thank goodness, they pulled through! All the best to the boys for the competition.

Also watched the Gatsby competition vids, some were quite interesting. Jealous~~~ because the winner gets to go Japan for the finals!!! and the overall champion gets some sort of dance scholarship!

It seems Z wanted to enter the gals from HH into a dance competition but I don't know how true is that.....it's now 20/11 and the competition is on....6/12????
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Bday to my dear mummy!!!!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment