Saturday, November 22, 2008

Foodie

More pics of food......since we've been exploring different places for lunch after working hard on our fyp.

Went to Feeling Cafe, which was rumoured to be opened by famous Malaysian singer, Guang Liang. I think it's concept is somewhat similar to Halo Cafe, where there have singers/ bands coming in at night to perform songs for the diners. I think the price for food here is cheaper.

Heard that this cafe is always packed at night thanks to the live music. This cafe does give a nice feeling and they even have a pool section!!! woohoo~~~

But the food......sad case!!!

The pic quality is really poor because the cafe is really dark!!!

My supposedly turkey and ham spag. but I don't know why I don't see any turkey in this.....or did they serve me turkey ham???
Just normal pasta, topped with a super sour tomato sauce, ham and parmesan. I think the chef sauteed the onions for too long because there were black carcinogenic (cancer causing) bits in the sauce. You could taste it with every bite! Not good! I give this dish a zero.
.
This is their mushroom spag. The outlook looks pretty normal.....but according to 2 ladies who ordered this dish.....it was quite bland.

And their set lunch meal.....so funny one.....rice + meat + small salad + tiny portion of baked beans.
Everything looks bad because of bad photography......I think the bottom pic was black pepper chicken, I assure you the real thing looks better.....rather than a patch of black stuff here in this pic.
I still think it's a bit weird, could the salad and baked beans portion get any smaller???
.
Well maybe it's because they focus more on live music and drinks rather than food.


We also visited Nando's from South Africa.....a first for me actually. haaha.....
Ordered their 1/4 chicken set with 2 sidelines. Picked honey lemon flavoured chicken with chips + peri chips. Yea, because I ordered "honey lemon", I got a flag which says,"Not so brave!"
.
I'm afraid that their Peri flavoure ones would be spicy ma......
My chicken looks nice! haaha....and the Peri chips is actually just normal chips dusted with chilli powder.
I actually find my portion quite big....quite filling.

This is the Peri chicken with chips and potato salad. The potato salad was not bad. As for the chicken, it's only flavoured skin deep, the meat is quite tasteless. (comments from U who ate this) The same goes for my honey lemon chic.
Do you see a fork in both pics??? trying to steal chips??? That's SL's fork!!! The chips stealer!!!

XQ's 1/4 chicken with peri corn and potato salad. The peri corn looks just like normal corn, there doesn't seem to be any chilli flakes on it. Plus the 1/4 chicken here looks smaller than mine! haaha......I must've looked hungry, that's why I got a bigger portion....lol. But yea, XQ complained that she was still hungry after the meal and wanted to buy more food.
HW's honey lemon chicken with salad + rice. The serving was also small because HW also complained that she was still hungry after the meal! 2 very unsatisfied diners.
SL's Peri chicken burger with potato salad. Verdict? The bread was hard.
Overall, I think the chicken tastes better than KR. Not something I would crave for but it's ok if someone wants me to accompany them to Nando's.

Umeko.....revisited....AGAIN! haaha....
Here's U's shabu-shabu fungus set....It actually comes with a set of either sliced chicken or pork and as for the soup, you can choose from chicken, tom yam or herbal flavour.
It was pretty normal and bland, not something she would come back for.
As for me........of course it's PASTA! haaha.....love cream sauced pastas.

Cream lime spag. ??? I think that's what it's called. The cream sauce had lime taste and there were tiny chili flakes in it which gives it an extra kick. Yea, served with mushroom and prawns. Yummy~
I think I have tried all the white sauced pastas that's on their menu. Still thinking if I should try the tomato based ones.....haaha I, personally prefer cream sauce more. :)
.
And this..........is just a pic of a car with a lousy driver. I drove past this car and saw that there's an empty parking next to it, but by that time I have already passed it and there were many cars behind me, so I had to give the space up. Made another round, still couldn't find any parking and arrived back at the same spot to find it still empty........
.
Why?? because the lousy driver dunno who to park his car properly!
See! His back wheel is on the yellow line!!! Plus his car was wayyyyyy slanted. Worst than my parking skills man!
.
Mind you, the parking space is really small and thus with a driver like this.....other cars cannot park next to it la! Even with my thin car, I was having a hard time squeezing in next to it.....I was super close to the other car!!!!
.
Haiyo, somemore decor the car with writings to mimic race cars!!! But the parking skills........hai~
.
Next time pls park with all 4 wheels within the perimeter of the yellow lines!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment