Monday, August 10, 2015

Day 4: Bye Sydney & Back to Melbourne

Last day in Sydney~

JM and I went to a nearby shopping centre to grab brunch before heading our ways.....

JM's sandwich from Soul Origin

The portion was huge! This here is a picture of the half portion~ but luckily it tasted yummy!

Decided to try one of this sushi rolls that I've see everywhere. This California roll was from Rockin' Rolls. The taste was not too bad except that the seaweed was all soggy from the rice.

This makes for a really convenient meal as you can just grab it on the go like a sandwich.


The platform here at this station looks really nice. This is where I took the train to the airport.

The trains are clean and comfortable. The trains are double-deckered and is differently from the trains that I'm used to taking. But it is kind of difficult for people with huge luggages to maneuver around.

Once back in Melbourne, we went to Epocha which is a modern European restaurant to celebrate Willy's birthday.

Address: 49 Rathdowne St, Carlton VIC 3053, Australia

Herb and mozzarella focaccia (AUD12)

Herb and garlic focaccia (AUD10)

Gnocchi Ragu o Pomodoro (AUD23)
Homemade gluten free potato gnocchi with napoli sauce 

First time trying gnocchi and it was better than I expected albeit I don't think it's something that I would order again.

Don't remember what pasta was this but it was yummy~ think this was the Trofie al Pesto (AUD23)
Traditional Genovese pasta with homemade pesto of basil, pinenuts and pecorino cheese

Tagliolini Frutti di Mare (AUD27)
Homemade pasta with fresh seafood cooked in white wine, farlic, fresh tomato, a touch of chilli and parsley

Love this dish~ especially since the prawn was big and fresh!!! 

Zuccaia (AUD19)
Tomato, fior di latte mozzarella, pumpkin, pine nuts, basil, parmesan

An interesting pizza and it's the first time I've had a pizza that's topped with pumpkin

Modonese (AUD19)
Tomato, fior mozzarella, Italian sausage, capsicum

Sorry for the blurred images as I was trying my best to snap pics of all the food as fast as I can so that the others don't have to wait long before they could dig in, but apparently I didn't do a very good job.

Calzone Classico (AUD19)
Cresent shaped pizza filled with tomato, flio di latte mozzarella, Virginia ham, mushrooms

It's been a long time since I had a calzone and I'm glad that this one was good! 

Emilia (AUD20)
Tomato, fior di latte mozzarella, prosciutto, roquette, parmesan, extra virgin olive oil

This pizza was definitely not my cup of tea....not a fan of roquette

Rogatoni Carbonara (AUD23)
Rigatoni pasta in an egg basaed sauce cooked with panchetta, pecorino and black pepper

This here is the bomb!! My favourite dish of the night~!! Super deliciously carbonara that's not jelak.

The siblings together~

The birthday boy with his cute bday cake!

Hehehe.....overall it was a great dinner with a wide variety of people~

No comments:

Post a Comment