Tuesday, January 17, 2017

First time in Nara

Early in the morning, the girls and I took the local train to Nara station.


There we had breakfast at Vie De France before heading towards the tourist information centre, located right outside the station.


Look at the amount of bread we bought!

First time here and the bread was surprisingly really good. None of the items were bad. The croissant was delicious~



After that, we bought the Nara bas pass for 500 yen from the tourist information centre which allowed us unlimited rides on the local bus around the area.




First stop was Kōfuku-ji. Here you can see the Tō-kondō (East Golden Hall) and Gojū-no-tō five-storied pagoda.

As it was drizzling the entire time we were there, we didn't really enjoyed the visit. We dropped by a nearby convenient store and bought some umbrellas and rain coat afterwards.

After that, we boarded the bus to Nara park.





There you can see many deers who will be following you around if you have food with you.


haha.....trying to selfie with the deer.


They don't seem to be too interested in me as I didn't have any food with me.


Autumn colours~


There we visited Tōdai-ji, the "Great Eastern Temple".



Us photo-bombing Chong~



hahaha...don't think she minds actually~






See that big smile?





I spotted this pillar with a hole in it in the temple and there was as queue for it. People were waiting for their turn to squeeze through it. 

I immediately remembered that I once saw it on TV. This hole is about the same size as the nostril on the Buddha's statue and it was said that anyone who managed to squeeze through would get enlightenment.

It was great to know that I didn't have to suffer the embarrassment of having someone push or pull me to help me through.

 I managed to do it all on my own~! :D


After that, we took the bus back to Nara station and took the train to Osaka station.

No comments:

Post a Comment