Monday, May 31, 2021

Nakaminatoosakana Market (那珂湊おさかな市場)

Left out this trip to the market from my trip to Ibaraki.

 Early in the morning, we checked out of the hotel to go to the Nakaminatoosakana Market (那珂湊おさかな市場).




Everything in this fish market looks cheaper than in the Kanto region. Plus they look fresh and tempting too


This here is my breakfast kaisendon which was amazing! Everything was fresh and yummy!


This is the other kind of kaisendon that they have with boiled shirasu and also dashi, so that you can enjoy it as ochazuke.


J had the kaisen tempura don which looks amazing and of course, taste great too. It was calling my name and hence, I stole some from J.


But first, a group picture before we dig in!


Next stop, we went to a popular tourist spot in the area, which is a place that sells dried sweet potato. Apparently, Ibaraki is famous for it.


I guess you can't miss it, if you spot this big sweet potato statue at the side of the road.


Before we head back, we stopped by a local mall for some food as it will be a long drive back. However, we were too still pretty full, so we just ordered some light meals.


I ordered the matcha kakigori. I like they serve the syrup and red bean separately.


I that it was interesting that the coffee came in the pot that it was made in.


Lastly. 2 more group pics to commemorate the trip.


It was a nice short trip.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment