Saturday, August 7, 2021

Takamatsu #3

For this trip, we stayed at the Royal Park Hotel Takamatsu (ロイヤルパークホテル高松).



We booked a nice double room with lounge service.


The room was spacious and nice. We were given free bottles of water daily and the bathroom's amenities were refilled every time it ran out.


There is even a study table in the room.


A separate dresser.


This is the bathroom.


The lounge service was the best ever. While we had to pay extra, it was the best decision we made this trip. As I had a meeting to attend in the late afternoon even though I was on leave, we went to the lounge. 


There, we were served drinks and some snacks. There were also sockets for me to charge my laptop as I attended the meeting.


After that, we walked to a restaurant nearby for dinner.
The place is called SOHSOH and they serve salad teishoku.



I chose tempura as my main while J ordered the pork. After choosing the main, we can picked the salad dressing that we want for our salad and also pick the type of rice that we want. As you can see, you can choose a topping for your rice e.g. natto, bonito flakes, etc.




Dinner was good and the place was really empty. There was only another table of guests there when we had dinner. 


After dinner, we walked around the area for a bit, before going back to the lounge. There I caught up with some work emails and chilled there afterwards. I took 2 days of paid leave for this trip. So while I am on holiday, it is a normal working day in Japan so there are some work that I had to attend to.


We entered the lounge during cocktail time, so they served alcohol and some snacks  like roast beef and fish cakes, that would go well with alcohol. I ordered a red wine to try because why not. Probably my first glass of wine for the year.

I really enjoyed the fish cakes that they served. I think next time I will buy some for my own snacking at home.


By 8pm, it was bar time, and they served us more snacks like crackers and nuts.


At 9pm, they start serving ochazuke and they will go around to each table asking if we want some. As it was our first night, we decided to try it. 


While the portion is big for a 9pm snack, the condiments that they gave went so well with the dashi broth and rice, that I ended up finishing everything.


Next morning, our breakfast was served in the same lounge. Breakfast starts from 7am and we were there at 7am sharp to avoid the crowd.


We got a choice of Western and Japanese breakfast. J went for Western that day and I went with Japanese. I could not resist the porridge as I miss porridge and the porridge that they serve is the style that I like. No regrets on the choice as everything that they served was delicious. Also, as Kagawa is famous for udon, our breakfast also came with a small bowl of udon. :)


Honestly, booking the room with lounge service was the best decision ever. At first, we were thinking if it will be worth it as we had to pay extra for the lounge, but I'm glad that we did. It was a nice spot to work in and just chill when you are tired from all the walking, but don't want to be stuck in only your hotel room.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment