Monday, September 24, 2007

`~*Happy Mid Autumn Festival*~`

YAY!! MOON CAKE FESTIVAL!!!!

Here are some pics of special moon cakes I've eaten this year......well....not 'that' special...but it's different from the traditional ones...

Can you see the beautiful butterfly??

This is the "Chocolate and Cheese" mooncake! When I bought it, I thought it would taste like chocolate cheese cake.......unfortunately for me.....my expectations for the mooncake to taste like that is toooooo high! It does not have these rich, thick, sticky chocolatey feel nor the smooth, cheesey texture of the cheese. But, it still taste nice. haaha.....the chocolate and the cheese have been mixed well with "lin young", which is the normal paste in mooncake. The yolk is just coloured lin young paste, not cheese!

Next up is JELLY MOONCAKES!!! made by my mum! Yummy! I LOVE JELLIES!! My mum made dragonfruit, yam and durian only this time........

This brown one has coffee flavoured jelly......with dragonfruit jelly with lin young yolk!! (Don't worry....everything is jelly! Some people don't know what's jelly mooncake and many have mistaken the yolk for real salted egg yolks...."Don't be so sakai ok?".....and some start thinking jelly + real traditional mooncake....."???")

My fav. PINK DRAGON FRUIT!!!(above) Who says colours don't affect people's choices for food? ooo...I also prefer the square ones to the round one.....y? because it's bigger and there's more for me to eat! haaha.....

The green one above is durian.....not my favourite....but that's what I get after eating all the dragonfruits.....

Lastly...here's Green Tea Mooncake! My aunt(Yin Ling's mum) bought them! I love green tea! This mooncake smells very strong....it actually smells more like black tea than green tea. I like the smooth lin young flavoured green tea that's quite light and not that suit! Suitable for snacks! As you can see...while chatting online, I already ate half of it!
I think last year I was in Brunei.......right?? I don't really remember...all I remember was that Lina, her sis n cuz, Chong and I were at her house.....playing with lanterns......and a lantern caught FIRE!!!! Was it mine?? or was it Lina's cousin's??
And I remember after that we went to The Mall for Jollibee's Cheesey Fries and DQ ice cream......chocolate green tea?? aaaaahh.........I miss the things I used to eat in Brunei!!!!....not DQ...but other things......

I miss Fratini's Mozorella pizza! Thin crust heaven! I also miss their Carbonara! Is it still open? I miss escapade's california maki special! haaha.....those tasty fried makis! I miss the Korean Restaurants Bibimbap and BBQ!!! I wanna cook for all my girlfriends and mix the rice with 2 eggs! I miss Pizza Hut's Tuna Pizza!!! Malaysia's tuna pizza is different....you all know la...like Miri's one.....not that nice! Tunaaaa~~~~ desperate cat in need of Tuna Pizza!

What else do I miss?......oh....Sweet Deli's.....what are they called again? (Chong should know) Those cheesey chicken tarts??..........I miss Phong Mun's dim sum!!! I love the "Chan Bao"?? The roasted pork bun.....yummy! I miss cheese fries...Jollibee and Ideal one are nice......I miss delicious satay!!!from I forgot where's that stall. I miss nasi lemak from Losan flat! Did I miss out any other food I used to like?

ooo..I MISS PLAYING POOL!!!! I never played once since I came back to Malaysia!.....My skills are now all gone!!!

haaha....... Never knew I actually miss soo many things from Brunei....most of all...I miss all my friends!!! WAAAHHH~~~~~~~~ SNIFF!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment