Tuesday, November 11, 2008

11/11/08

Didn't really had the mood to blog the past few days.....

1. was too tired...

2. my babies got a bit naughty....

3. too busy watching vids....

4. wrote my progress report...

Lab work has been busy and tiring....frustrating at times....but there's also lots of fun to it too!

You'll get frustrated when you do not get the results you want, or when results doesn't satisfies you.

But at the same time, you'll laugh at the little jokes or silly things you and your friends say/ do.


Some funny things happened in the lab....like the time when....


1. SL & I were using the laminar flow and I accidentally set the beaker of ethanol on fire!!! Yea~~ the flame was blue!! It was really beautiful~~ but it totally freaked me out!!


haaha....total accident! Threw my loop into the beaker of ethanol without realising that there's flame on it and *whoosh*.

My first reaction was....*pokes SL*, "Fire! *points at the beaker*"


haaha...I really should have put off the fire....first thing!!! but I didn't...haaha.....


2. Few days after, SL set her own gloves on fire while she was flaming her loop because she just sprayed ethanol on her gloves!


haaha....and she couldn't stop laughing because she kept remembering the incident where I asked her to look at the fire I've set. So she imagined herself, with her gloves on fire, calling out to me, "Mel, look! My gloves are on fire!"


Of course, she didn't la! haaha....she quickly took off her gloves and laughed like mad before telling what happened.


3. Turns out another guy at our bench also set his gloves on fire few days ago.....


4. Today, while I was busy doing my work and thinking about the next step.........I "steamed" my loop above a beaker of steaming water which I was using for my endospore stain, instead of "flaming" them with the blue flame.


When I realised it, I was like, "What was I doing/thinking man?"


5. SL was viewing her gram stains and thought, "Wow, the stains looks sooo beautiful today! Everything's gram positive~" After that she realised that it's because she just stained them with crystal violet only!!!! haahaa.....


There's also lots of happy moments during lunch time because we're always joking and eating out at different places.


I love this restaurant, Umeko which we went to on Mon. They serve western and taiwan/japanese cuisine.......pastas & shabu-shabu!

Seafood spag. Pic blurry, no thanks to camera person's poor skills...keke
The real thing looks much better.

Chicken Spag. Carbonara! Can you guess who ordered this? haaha....

Topped with an egg yolk~~ yummy!!! I love it~! Best carbonara I've had in Malaysia! Love the sauce~~~ Will definitely go back for more....

I see someone trying to steal someone's food.....
I personally think this place is more famous for their pasta and shabu-shabu.....

Lastly, Club sandwiches! Delicious! though I only stole a bite!
Can you see the fillings? The chicken's really juicy too! Totally worth your money!!!
Seriously taste better than the sandwiches you get at other cafes.

If you like pastas, I recommend Umeko, Wangsa Maju.
Will try their one of their salmon dishes next time I visit the place. Seems like they have a lot of different salmon dishes there.


Always tie my hair in a pony tail and clip my fringe to one side when I'm in the lab These 2 seems sooo serious man~

~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment