Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Food outings

Went to Ebisu for lunch with colleagues one weekend and look at the souvenirs that I got from them.
We ended up in this little 2 storey Italian restaurant called Porto Bello (ポルトベッロ).


We had the grill & fresh pasta lunch set that came with a choice of drink, salad with 2 appetizers and bread, pasta, grilled chicken & dessert of the day. 


I ordered their carbonara pasta with bacon which was ok. I thought that the portion was a little small.


And here is the grilled chicken in a sizzling hot plate. I really like this dish and the sauce that came with it.


The dessert of the day was this cheese cake.


Overall, the food was good but the place was a bit cramped.


After that, we took the train to Harajuku, where we shopped around for a bit before walking to Minimal The Baking 代々木上原.



I had tried their chocolate before but this is my first time trying their gateau chocolate.
I ordered the 3 pc set for 700 yen so that I could taste different flavours and compare them. Overall, all the 3 flavours were super good. I particularly liked the high cacao one. Love the dense texture of all the gateau chocolate. As their limited menu changes frequently and it would be good to visit again to try them out.


Visited this place called Tempura Uejima (天婦羅 うえじま) and was pleasantly surprised by how good their tempura was. This here is the Jyoutempura which costs 1,550yen. Looks at how big the portion is! Everything, including the pickled vege was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment