Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Nihonbashi

Early morning, I had a English and Japanese language exchange with A san and her friends. 

We were having it in Soup Stock, Nihonbashi. This is the first time I'm trying this and the soup itself is actually quite filling. The taste is good and I figure that this makes a really good comfort food on a cold day. 




After that, I met up with my friend and we went for an impromptu cruise ride at Nihonbashi. 



The 45 min Nihonbashi cruise costs 1500yen while the 60 min cruise costs 2000yen.

If I remembered correctly, we went on the 1pm 45 min cruise.

The boat that we boarded does not have a roof but they provided hats for anyone who needed them. 



It was nice to look at Nihonbashi from a different point of view. 



It was nice because of the cool breeze. 



Here are some pictures from the cruise. 





The Nihonbashi bridge has some very nice structures. 



After that, we went exploring in some of the malls there. 

It was interesting to see such a huge sculpture in Mitsukoshi Nihonbashi.



While we were there, there was an organ performance too! That was really nice! 



After that, we had early dinner at a Singapore Hainanese Chicken rice shop in Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower store.




We both ordered a chicken rice set which came with a mini bowl of laksa. The chicken rice was really good actually. I ordered the half steam and half fried chicken.  I like the rice more compared to the laksa as I felt that the laksa had too much coconut milk in it.



We continued our exploration afterwards and walked into this interesting place.  I never knew that there was a shrine smacked right in the middle of all the tall buildings in Nihonbashi. 



We were also extremely lucky to pass by this store selling Japanese pancakes as it was their last day of operation there. 




Spotted some pretty blue hydrangeas on the way back and had to snap this pic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment