Friday, September 6, 2019

Miura Kaigan Sakura Part 2

After sakura viewing, we went to grab lunch at my favourite kaiten sushi in Japan - Sushi Ro!


This was their seasonal fried tuna ramen which was good.



The creamy creamy seafood croquette was ok. But I guess for the price, they can't pack too much seafood in it.



I got a hotate ramen which was delicious.



Ebi furai sushi is always good.



J got coffee and I got the tobikko lol.



The lightly torched hotate was delicious. This plate here allows you to compare the torched one to the raw one. Juicy and sweet~



One thing that I really like about Sushi Ro is that they change their seasonal menu frequently. So you always get to try new things there.


This kabhocha tempura is a must order every single time I visit!



Fried squid~



For dessert, they had this fondant chocolate which was really good actually for the price that you pay.



After lunch, we slowly made our way back to the station and we passed by a beach along the way.


Love the clear blue sky during winter.



Even though it was cold, it feels nice to just get some sea breeze.



Near the station, we spotted a stall selling locally produced vegetables and we decided to buy some.



They had this red daikon which I have never seen before. I was really tempted to get it but decided not to because I was already getting the miura daikon which was HUGE!



Look at the size of this daikon~



I've never seen a daikon that's that fat before, I had to pose with it with the sakuras too.



Bye-bye Miura-kaigan, you had been beautiful and fun!



Once home, I immediately made good use of the daikon for oden and salad. Look at it's width!!!

I made 2 pots of oden and I still had extra!

No comments:

Post a Comment