Sunday, October 27, 2019

Day 2 in Gottingen

Free breakfast is provided at the hotel and they early, which is great for me!


I eat the same thing every morning. Fruits, bread, sausages, cheese, smoked salmon and egg. 

I absolutely love their bread because they have good croissants and bread that has lots of nuts and grains on them. I eat about 3 pieces of bread every morning! Super good~ can't help myself.


As on the first day, we start at noon, I decided to try my luck with the supermarket about 10mins walk from the hotel. It was open and I had fun looking exploring a German supermarket. I was surprised to see how cheap Haribo gummies are. And they come in so many different flavours!

First day of the meeting was great as I got to meet people in my group who were from all over the world. It was also super refreshing to work in a completely English environment. I miss it so much and I feel so free to just be myself and say whatever I want.


Breakfast on the 2nd and 3rd day. I usually start out with 2 bread first and then move on to a third when I have the stomach space for it.


No pictures from lunch/ dinner as we were so busy networking and getting to know each other. On the 2nd night, we even got the chance to attend a German cooking class where we all were separated into different groups to make various dishes for dinner that night. It was such an amazing experience~


Finally, it was the last day of training and we got this group picture! The 3 days went by so quickly.


I decided to walked to the supermarket again before dinner with those who are spending another night. I was super happy to find the Capri-sun sells for such a cheap price! But unfortunately, I could not buy any back as I will be travelling straight to Hokkaido from Germany. Same with all the other interesting snacks that I saw.


Their frozen cakes are big and so cheap! Would love to try one.


I was also excited to see such a huge jar of Nutella selling at such a low price but once again, I cannot buy any.


I also found Prez which is my childhood favourite. I used to collect them because they came in so many interesting designs. In Brunei, they were expensive, but so cheap here. Thank you Daddy for buying them for me!


Finally it was dinner time, We were an interesting mix of Dutch, Portugese, Malaysian, Chinese, Singaporean, German and Australian.


As I haven't been finishing any of my lunch/ dinner meals here, I decided to go for what I thought would be a small meal which is the mac and cheese with beef. But it turned out to be humongous!

Naturally, I couldn't finish! Honestly, next time I'm just gonna order fries to prevent food wastage. But I wasn't the only one who couldn't finish everything because the portions are so big.


Last breakfast at this hotel before I have to leave to the train station.


Back at the Gottingen train station to catch my train back to Frankfurt.


Look at the number of bicycles parked outside the station!


Got to my platform a little too early but it's ok.


The clear blue sky.


Goodbye Gottingen, I'll see you again soon~


This return trip, I requested for a seat and little did I know that I had paid for a seat in a nice cabin, which I think is good for a group of friends.


I got to Frankfurt airport early and went to the lounge to relax a bit before my flight. Also took the opportunity to grab some food. I love the steamed veg.


From Frankfurt, I'll have to transit at Paris before arriving at Haneda airport in Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment