Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Apollo

Had a really great lunch date at The Apollo.




For appetizer, we had the pita bread with hummus. I love both of them~!!! <3


We got a really nice seat by the window. It would be better if the seats are further apart.


We also had a greek salad with fresh olives, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese. While I'm not a fan of tomatoes or cucumbers, I really enjoyed the combination of flavours in this salad.


We had the oven baked lamb shoulder with lemon greek yoghurt. One of the best lamb shoulder I've had. It was soft, tender and delicious. I also like the tangy lemon greek yoghurt. It cuts through the strong flavors.


This plate of stir fried kale with lemon and chili was also good. I love that it's not too tough and the sauce made it so much more delicious.


For dessert, we had the Avgolemono Pie wich is a lemon meringue pie. The lemon curd which was super sour btw, was topped with a very yummy olive oil biscuit and toasted meringue which was super sweet!!! This dessert was nice for the first 2 bites but it was too sweet for me!


Luckily, I had a cup of hot tea to help wash all the sweetness down.


I thought that the food was good and not something that we usually get here. I think I will be back again. I'm missing that pita bread with hummus as I'm writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment