Sunday, June 6, 2021

Cravings for SEA flavours

For weeks, I had strong cravings for SEA flavours. Probably because of the pandemic and the thought of not being able to go back home anytime soon had all these cravings kicking in.


One weekend, we had chicken rice for dinner at a shop called 海南鶏飯食堂. The shop even included this cute little slip that teaches you how to enjoy chicken rice, which is good for those who have never tried it before. They might be wondering what each of the sauces are for.


The thing with having chicken rice in Japan is, don't expect that there will be options of roast or steam chicken. No, there is no taugeh too. The is no such thing as extra fried ginger paste too.


This steamed chicken breast here is the standard. 😂


On another weekend, I was still having these cravings, so we went to the noodle bar at BETELNUT THAI VIETNAMESE DIMSUM that serves various SEA noodles for dinner.



It is nice to see chilli available on the table.


We were served this pickled lemon grass, which was interesting because I have never tried something like this before.


We ordered this steamed pork ribs in black bean sauce, but it turned out to be this unappetizing looking thing. hahahhaa, completely different to the usual steamed pork ribs in black bean sauce that I am used to back home.

I guess I shouldn't complain and be happy that there was something that is slightly similar to it.


This here is the Malaysian dried pan mee. This was also different from the usual dried pan mee that we are used to but the flavours are not too bad if you do not expect it to be a typical chilli pan mee, if you know what I mean.


This here is the Singapore laksa, but to me this is not laksa but feels like prawn mee instead. This is because while the description states that it is a prawn and santan broth, the santan is very mild and the prawn flavour is strong. I am no complaining because I love prawn mee. So when I crave for prawn mee, I'll come and order this 'laksa' here.


For desserts, we packed some goodies from Startbucks Roastery. I love their tarts. Can't help but order one whenever I visit. There 2 chocolate tart and berries tart are delicious. I had them a few times now and I believe that they will continue to stay on my go to list.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment