Thursday, September 7, 2017

Volunteering at the children's home

Dinner after work with a group of fellow Malaysian girls at Cafe La Boheme in Yurakucho. 


It was nice to get to know more Malaysians working in Tokyo and girls talk is always good. 


The next day, I had to wake up super early at 4am as I've volunteered to go on hiking with kids from the children's home. Their home is really far away and the meet up time was 7am.

It really didn't help that my neighbouur was super noisy the night before. They had a group of friends over. They were drinking and chatting really loudly till midnight. Even at 3am, I could still hear the couple chit-chatting. 

Once at the centre, we were told who we would be grouped with and the course that we would be taking. We were also provided with a lunch box for the hike.

I got paired with 2 cute sisters whom I really adore. The older sis was the calmer one if tee two and definitely more mature. The younger one is really chatty and tells me all sorts of things. 

 

The kids were super active. They moved really quickly and I had a hard time catching up especially at the areas where there are many stairs and the slope is really steep. Not sure how they did it but they just went through everything really quickly. 

My 2 girls kept shouting my name throughout the hike so that I will catch up to them. I tried my best but it was definitely not easy.  I'm not small like them so I can't squeeze through the crowd. Also, I'm afraid of heights and stairs. Super thankful for this other little boy who was afraid of height. He held my hand as we went down the stairs. 


The hike was in Nikko and the view was amazing! I love the view but I really didn't have time to snap many pictures because I was busy with the girls. 

It was definitely nice to be able to eat lunch with the kids too as they were super cute. Playful but cute. 

While the traveling time was long, I had a great time and would definitely love to volunteer there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment