Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Famosa

A Famosa

This fortress was built by the Portuguese in 1511 and it had sustained severe structural damage during the Dutch Invasion. 


Seriously, before my trip to Malacca, I've never visited all these historical sites before. Since I have never really studies Malaysian history, I don't know much about them too. I have only seen them in pictures and travel programs. So I'm really glad that I got to go on this trip with my lab mates. A chance to see new things and to bond with people.


It's amazing to see how much history a small little place like Malacca have. It's also nice to know that several of these sites are so closely located that most could just walk around to explore them on their own sweet time. 




Everyone who went on this trip~
haha...only 3 boys and twice as many girls.


When the sun is hot, we girls do what we know best......to find a shady area and rest there while the boys explore. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment