Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012~ The Ups

It's now time for the ups and highlights of 2012~!!! :D

1. Though the accidents were both horrible, from them I got to see the beauty in people too. How my family members (extended) helped me made me realised how grateful and thankful I am to have them. They provided me the support and assisted me in so many things. <3 them all, especially my parents. 

2. I'm thankful that no one was hurt in both accidents! Thank God!

3. Another thing to be grateful for are friends. They're always so nice to listen to me about my problems and give just the right advice. I'm thankful that they're just there to make me happy and smile. We'd go for food or retail therapy every now and then and those really helped me relieve my stress. I think this year I've made more friends while bonds with old friends have strengthened. :D

Then there were so many gatherings in 2012 with different group of friends- dance mates/ colleagues/ course mates/etc. It's nice that I got to catch up with them~

With ex-colleagues from my industrial training time.

Ex-dance mates

4. As for my project, what I'm working on now is what I came up with. So there's a lot of questions and blocks here and there. I'm still learning and trying my best. Hopefully, things will eventually work out for the best. :)

5. I think I've been dancing more this year compared to the last <3. Last year, I really didn't dance much and was absent for months at some point. This year, I did several performances with different groups and it was interesting to see how different people work together. Some of the more memorable ones include performances in the indoor stadium with CDL for the badminton open, perfume launch with UA, commercial ad shot (CLICK ME~!!!) and the performance at KLCC, where I did back-up for the first time (and forgot the choreo~ ahaha!!!). So glad that I got more time for dance this year.

Starting with CNY student perf

Dressing up the dance instructors

For the badminton open

With CDL

With some new peeps that I've never danced with

A fully hip-hop perf

Perfume launch

6. Finally had the opportunity to attend a conference this year- both local and international. Since it was a first for me in both cases, I felt like a lost sheep. argh~ I could've done so much more. Oh, did I mention that my heels broke at both the conferences?? Different heels but both were rarely used. hahaha....but the experiences were good and I bagged 2 awards~! :D


7. I joined a japanese speech contest! It was super last minute. From the time that I decided to join, the main competition was only 2 weeks way. Since I joined last, I missed the first prep class and only attended the second, I was sooo nervous.....I was rehearsing my speech over and over again in my head!! I think I didn't  paid much attention to what was going on around me. Ok, this reminded me that I had not made a post about the contest. 


Yes, but it was a great experience. I think my speech was the most "off" or different one from the others but at least, I managed to get a few laughs out of the audience. Though I didn't win (which I want to because of the free trip to Japan!! hehe...), I'm still really happy for my classmate -Ash who won!!! It will be his first trip to Japan!! Speech contest makes dream come true~~ :D I feel like if you love something very much, it will eventually love you back!

8. Lab is a lot livelier this year with a lot more people coming in and we even got to do some activities together. Haaha, I think that if we grow at this rate, the lab will be full before the end of 2013. But it's great as with more people, you can do more things. Also, this year we have an intern from French -Camille. Spent so much time with her that I think I will miss her badly when she returns to France, boohooo~~ :( All our explorations of the city.....and then there's the epic J.Lo concert~

Then there's J, Dr.A's intern from UK who baked some really delicious red velvet cupcakes for us.


9. Finally managed to go on a trip together with the girls after so many years. It was a fun and short trip. I can't wait for the next one~ This year has been great for us too as we've been meeting up quite often. :)


10. Then I also attend my first ever J-group fan gathering and what's more, it's a Kisumai one! An interesting event where I knew no one, except for the organizer whom I've chatted with on fb. But it was a nice event where everyone shared their love for the same music. Then there was a cake to commemorate Kisumai's 1st debut anniversary and personalised free gifts~ Yay!! Since I'm a Taipi fan, I got a Taipi badge and a pink boot keychain~


11. I wonder if this final one should even be considered as an up and not a down. I got awarded the scholarship of my dream but the irony is that I cannot accept it. Imagine how depressed I felt when I had to scan my acceptance offer and email it back to tell them that I had to reject it due to various reasons. Ok, that was definitely the worst event the entire year, now that I think about it. 

But then on the bright side, I didn't know I could get so far. I only know that I WANT it sooo badly. Had to go through several screenings, application, exam and interview. To even be considered for it....is definitely an "up". I must admit that it is sad to see everyone go off....around this time, everyone would have gotten their confirmation and planning when to depart. Well, gives all the more reason to work hard. My time will come and I WILL COME FOR YOU!!! Just wait for me!!!

haha, I still remember telling Panda earlier this year that my 'free trip' will definitely come as we are fated that way. In a way....it did came, just that the timing was not right for me. Well, my next trip is a paid one, but my many more free ones will come one day!!!

12. Thankful that I passed my conversion exam. Though I didn't do so well on the Q n A, I'm glad that everything worked out in the end. Time to brush up on those skills~ Fighting!!! O~! *throws fist in the air*

Typing this year end post made me realised that there were a lot more blog post about my activities that I could've shared which I'm usually too lazy to. hohoho~but I think I will work on that just to wrap up 2012 nicely. Now that I've looked at it properly....2012 was a good year!

I'm looking forward to another great year in 2013 and I'm going to spend my time watching Kouhaku Uta Gassen tonight as I wait for 2013 to arrive!! 


HAPPY NEW YEAR~!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment