Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Random happenings in August

After work dinner at Hamasushi~


When you're too tired from work and is working till late, it's nice to be able to quickly grab dinner at a conveyor belt sushi chain restaurant.


This was from a random weekend lunch at Royal Host.


Royal Host always have a seasonal menu and this was from their seasonal menu. Beef rice bowl with grilled seafood, salad and miso soup.


We also ordered a cream nama pasta which is supposedly to be freshly made pasta, which provides a better texture.


This beautiful flower jelly on top was given to us by J's aunt. She makes pretty jellies like these.


Macarons from a random cake shop which turned out to be really good. It's on par with the ones from big brand names.


These muscat grapes here were from my furusato nozei. They were big and juicy. I think for the next year, I will pick them for my hometown tax too.


This here is a cheesecake from 711 which I bought to fill my tummy right before my Japanese class.


Lunch bento bought from the ojisan below my office. He makes about 25 bento boxes daily to be sold to office workers nearby.


Random weekday lunch with another fellow Malaysian whose office is just 5 mins away from mine.


We grabbed lunch at the Outback Steakhouse.


We both ordered the bbq rib lunch set which looked like this. You get a small rack of bbq ribs, with steamed veg, butter rice and soup.


My lunch mate~


This chinese style here was from lunch with my colleagues. It looks small here but the serving was super huge. This is the sara udon chanpon, which is basically fried noodles topped with vegetables cooked in a thick gravy.


Another random lunch at Outback Steakhouse, but this time with my colleagues. This time I tried the beef steak and added extra butter rice as 1 serving wasn't enough the last time. 1.5 serving of butter rice is just nice. Love how fragrant the rice is and it goes super well with the beef.


These bread here was breakfast from a bakery near my customer site. I had to travel 2 hours to get there and decided to arrive early to grab breakfast there while I wait for my colleagues.


Work trip to Kobe and on the flight they gave us this Nagoya-Sky Mark Kit Kat. This was my first time travelling with Sky Mark. I first heard about this airline on Terrace House as one of the member's father is the boss of this airline.


Flying to Kobe was super convenient as the airport was located near where all the research labs are.


As I was early, I walked to the Ikea which was actually not that near, about 30 mins walk away to grab brunch before walking back to the customer site for my presentation on my company. It's the first time I did a company presentation to outsiders in Japanese.


Later that day, after arriving back at Haneda in the evening, I had to grab dinner with my colleagues as we had a work dinner planned that night.


We grabbed dinner at a very nice western steak restaurant called The Dad Bod.



The food here is amazing, from the appetizers to the mains.


We had the Tomahawk steak which was amazing!


My colleagues also ordered other cut of meat to share and they were all good! I will definitely want to revisit this place again~


This here is a shoulder heat pack. All you need yo do us heat it in the microwave and you'll have a heat pack!


One weekend, I dropped by Cacao Market at Tokyu Plaza Ginza and bought some chocolate to try. I bought their chocolate bar with nuts and while they were delicious, they were also very expensive!



This sushi plate here is from another workday lunch with my colleagues. Sushi for lunch is always good! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment