Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Byodoin (平等院)

It was still super early when we arrived at Uji station. As you can see from my pictures, these 2 shop that I am interested in are still closed when we walked past.


Next time, when I have more time in Kyoto, I would love to explore the streets here.


At Byodoin, 平等院.


Due to COVID-19, we wanted to avoid crowds. Hence, we start our day super early.



The temple grounds is pretty and peaceful.



There is a small museum there with exhibitions on Buddhism in Japan.


Right outside the museum is the tearoom which I am interested to try, but it wasn't open yet when we were there.



As it was the end of Feb then, ume was in bloom.


Can't get enough of this beautiful view~


After that, we decided to cure our hunger and to kill some time in the nearby Starbucks.


This Starbucks is spacious and gives a nice vibe.


Sakura themed drinks and baked goods were already available then. Having the sakura chiffon cake again!


A blackboard with a map of the surrounding area, drawn with coloured chalks.


I don't think I have been to such a quiet and serene Starbucks before. Other than the location, the timing we were there could also be the reason why it was pretty empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment