Friday, January 21, 2022

Daiwa Roynet Hiroshima

Work trip to Hiroshima.


I grabbed a super late lunch at Mitchan Sohonten ekie-branch (みっちゃん総本店 広島駅新幹線口 ekie店). As it was way after lunch time, there was no queue.



After lunch, I stopped by the super market nearby to buy dinner and immediately checked into the hotel for my web meeting. The timing was just right for the start of the meeting.


This time I stayed at Daiwa Roynet Hiroshima.


The room was small, but I liked that they had an extra table. I used the main table for work and placed my food on the small table.


As the room was small, I was super surprised by how big the bathroom was! This here is the toilet and sink area.


Then there is this whole separate bath area! I did not expect that the bathroom will be this huge. It was so tempting and I had to take a late night bath in it after dinner, right before bed.


For dinner, I had salad and Sumire instant ramen. There was so many meetings in the evening, I almost barely had time for dinner.  I was working and eating at the same time, so it was good to have this other table to put my food on.


I also bought this Ringo apply pie for dessert. Super glad that I got it because dinner was not enough for me. We had this 3 day conference thing that runs for several hours in the evening, so it was great to have this as a snack.


My view from the room in the morning. 


Spotted a supermarket down there. I think the next time, I will stop by to see what is available there.


Again, no breakfast at the hotel for me, as I am in a rush to Tokuyama.


The shinkansen always passes by this area with lots of old factories.


Once there, I grabbed breakfast from the convenient store as I wait for my colleagues to arrive at the station. I like Tokuyama station because right outside the shinkansen gates, there are tables and chairs that are free for all to use.

Tables and chairs are usually hard to come by at the stations. Here, people will usually be grabbing a quick meal or working at these tables, while waiting to group up with their colleagues or friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment