Monday, January 31, 2022

SHIMOMURA, Ishikawacho


I found this Kaiseki restaurant- SHIMOMURA, in Ishikawacho which looked really good. So I made a reservation to visit on a weekend with J.



On the day of our visit, it was pouring really heavily! Not a good time to be out as the weather was cold and wet. And it was our first time in the area so we were not familiar and trying hard to find the entrance.


Luckily the place was nice and cozy. Each group have their own private room, that is well heated!


We booked the 4,180 JPY lunch course. There is no specific menu as they serve you a course based on the ingredients that they got that day. This is a completely omakase meal.

If I remember correctly, the first dish was 3 different kinds of tofu.


Next is the artistically presented salad. Look a that beautiful moon shaped vegetable! I wonder what is it called!


Next is a hot dish, mashed potato covered in a thick white sauce and inside the potato is some meat.


This is definitely a comfort dish.


Then we had the fish dish.
I liked the fish as it was beautifully grilled.


Next was the stewed beef with raddish, served with an egg yolk.



After the protein, it is finally time to end the meal with the carb.


Look at this platter of pickles!


We had rice cooked in a claypot with fish and cabbage.


While I am full, the rice was food and went really well with all the pickles served. I couldn't resist and ate 2 bowls of rice. Whatever that we couldn't finish were molded into onigiri for us to bring home.


Lastly, we have dessert. I like how they served us not only 1 , but 4 petite desserts. The yellow jelly was super refreshing, Then you have the green tea whose texture is like tofu and the chocolate looking thing which tasted like red bean. On the most right is the annin tofu. This has got to be the best annin tofu I've ever tasted!


Overall, the food was top notch and the experience was lovely. The only not so happy part is that later in the evening, we found that they had mistakenly charged us extra for a drink that we did not order. I guess this was partly our fault for not checking the bill properly before paying. I only found out when I looked at the bill later.

No comments:

Post a Comment