Monday, October 22, 2018

Bruna Okonomiyaki

Grabbed dinner at Bruna with J and YL.


It's been a long time since I had okonomiyaki.


We ordered a few appetisers like tomato, miso cucumber and kimchi. The miso cucumber was surprisingly yummy.


We ordered 2 different okonomiyaki and 1 monjayaki to be shared.


Here's Chef J preparing the food.


While it looks disgusting, monjayaki is really delicious. I was shocked by it's appearance too when I first had it.


The beautiful okonomiyaki that was prepared by the real Chef in the kitchen, Lol.


We also had yakisoba which was flavourful and good.


This here is nothing special. This is just the egg that was supposed to be added to the monja but we forgot and hence, I pan fried it.


There's a difference between having okonomiyaki in Tokyo and in Osaka. In Osaka, the restaurants usually prepare them for you, but somehow in Tokyo, you have to prepare it yourself.


I guess it's nice if you want to try to cook it yourself but sometimes I just wanna eat the best version of it and I'd request for it to be cooked for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment