Friday, January 3, 2020

Mount Omuro & Jogasaki Coast

Trip to Izu~


We took the special Black Ship train, Kurofune, to Izu. We didn't know that this special train would be on the platform, we just arrived and were surprised to see it! As you can see, some carriages have seats that are different from the usual trains, which are made so that you can enjoy the beautiful sea view.




First stop after taking the bus from Ito station was Mount Omuro which is an extinct volcano. We took a cable car up to the crater to enjoy the view.


These pictures here were all taken at the sides of the crater. As you can see, you can walk around the crater and get a nice view of the crater and the city. I have to say that it is pretty dangerous as the pathway is narrow, there are no railings and the wind is strong.


Got some hot snacks at the base as we wait for the next bus.


This was made fresh and had anko in it. Good for those with sweet tooth as it was pretty sweet. I also for this New york Sand which I had no idea what it was. I was hungry and needed some hot food. It tasted worst that I though it would as initially I though it would be a freshly made item. I never thought that it would come in frozen in a packet and the lady just heated this up for me in a microwave.


For lunch, we had some delicious udon at a small little place run by an old couple - 純手打ち讃岐うどん 鈴家 (Izusuzuya).



We ordered these 2 udon sets.




The place was empty when we we arrived~ and I love how cozy the place felt.


First time having mussel udon and it was yummy~!


The chicken one was delicious too and obviously had a nice chicken tasting broth.


It was also nice that they served some side to go with the udon.


After lunch, we walked to the Jogasaki Kaigan or Jogasaki coast.



These were formed from the lava of Mount Omuro when it exploded 4000 years ago.


The view there is beautiful.


Highly recommend that you come in your sport shoes otherwise, it would be hard to move around.


I dare not walk too far out on the cliff as I'm afraid of heights but I saw many people near the sides.


There's also a hiking trail of about 10km long for those who are interested.


This last picture was taken from the parking lot. Many family drove out here and there weren't many who took the bus like we did.


No comments:

Post a Comment