Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Food hunting in SG

After checking into my hotel, the first thing I did was to head back out to buy myself lunch before my web meeting later in the afternoon.


I googled and found that there is a chicken rice restaurant in Lucky Plaza called Lucky chicken rice. I bought a pack of grilled chicken rice from there for lunch. 

Having been in Japan for so long, I was craving for good Hainanese chicken rice and this definitely met my requirements. I was happy with the rice, chicken and chilli sauce.


Other than the chicken rice, I also stopped by Tai Cheong Bakery in Takashimaya for their durian tart which I must say does taste like durian. It could also be because I haven't had durian in years, I thought that the fragrant was pretty strong.


Of course, I had to pick up some items from Crystal Jade My Bread too as it was also located in Takashimaya. I feel like I drop by every single time I visit Singapore.


I bought a Char Siew Sou and Char Siew Polobun. I haven't had one in so long~! Even though I was already pretty full with the chicken rice and tart, I finished everything that I bought!


Later in the night, when my colleagues have arrived, we grabbed dinner at a food court in Takashimaya. At first, I thought that we could grab dinner together with Chong but that didn't work out. But that was ok, as Chong came to visit later that night.


Here's Chong enjoying a cup of coffee.


And here's Chong posing with the menu for room service which showed the hotel's famous chicken rice, which by the way is pretty expensive!


Chong was super nice and bought a whole bunch of desserts from Paris Baguette. Loved this place, ever since she brought me there last time.

Chong stayed the night and I had a little accident whereby I forgot my room key card. Tried to call her buy there was no response, so I got another card from the hotel reception. I have to say, the hotel buffet breakfast was disappointing. Nothing tastes good. I'm not sure why, but even my Japanese colleagues found the food bad. So bad that they some of them decided to skip it.


We were lucky that food was served at around 10.30am during the breaks were delicious. So it's ok even if we missed breakfast. But I still have fruits every morning.

We also have buffet lunch at the same restaurant, and lunch was definitely a lot better.

That night, we met up again after work for dinner with Kuan and his wife. We went to the food court called Food Opera at Ion orchard. There I got to try various delicious South East Asia delicacies thanks to Chong who shared the food with me.


First time trying the white vs black raddish cake and it was surprising good. So was the premium laksa.


After 2 main dishes, Chong and I shared another char siu noodle.


And that's not all!!! We got cakes for desserts too!


We got delicious cakes from Awfully chocolate.


Loved how chocolaty they were. I will definitely be back for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment