Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Mangwon Market

I watched a lot of videos on Korea prior to my trip to Seoul.  One of the youtubers that I follow - Mina Oh, featured Mangwon market in her videos and it got me interested. 


So I included it in our itinerary for Seoul. Plus it was only a 30 min walk from our place. 


There were lots of interesting fresh produce there like that big pumpkin? Butternut squash? Then there were also big, juicy looking pears that I was really tempted to buy. Next time I'm gonna bring a knife with me in my trip so that I can cut some pears. 


Fresh fruit juices aren't that expensive too and they have mant options. 


We also saw many of these steamed cakes that I've seen on YouTube videos. While they looked attractive, I didn't get any as I'm not a fan of steamed cakes. 


I saw this stall which sold various flavours of fried chicken and decided to give it a try. You can mix the flavours and it comes with rice cakes. O didn't really enjoy this as the sauce has a powdery feel to it even though you can see that it's in sauce form. This could be true for just the flavours that I got.


More interesting food stalls.


Then we passed by a stall with an old couple doing these chicken, ham and crab sticks thing. We bought some to try and they are good though oily. 



The best food item that we had in the market was from a stall near the entrance that sells fried goodies like fried pork cutlets. 


We bought this fried pork with cheese filling and it was super good! Crunchy on the outside, not too oily, and with a yummy, gooey cheese filling. 


They only have a tiny stall in the front with a small indoor seating area by the side. Highly recommend this if you pass by the market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment