Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Yokohama Chinatown street food

One day we decided to visit the Chinatown in Yokohama for the street food there.


J tried the Peking duck which he said was pretty good. Best part of all there is no queue.


This char siew sou is my favourite item that we had the entire day. The pie pastry is flaky and goes well with the bbq pork inside.


We also tried xiao long bao from one of the stalls with a long queue outside. I felt that it was just ok. I would rather go to Din Tai Fung anytime over this.


From another stall with probably the longest queue there, we ordered steamed pork buns and some pan fried buns.


While the queue was the longest, the food was horrible. The steamed bun had a thick doughy skin and the meat in the middle wasn't even yummy. I couldn't even eat another bite after the first. As for the pan fried ones, they all had different fillings, so I took a bite from each and that was it. Lesson of the day don't trust the queues.


Then lastly, we had a harumaki which was not bad, but I feel like the one from 7-11 tasted better and costs cheaper too.

No comments:

Post a Comment